telefonieren und Buchen:

​+49 39452 48990

Our monastery

Monastery tours, monastic history, monastery church of St.Vitus, monastic gardens, monastery kitchen, monastery shop, gardener's house ...

The Protestant Center Drübeck has been a monastic life for many centuries.
As early as the 10th century, the monastery housed Benedictine nuns. The Benedictine Rule determined the daily routine of religious women: early Mass at dawn, then to work in the kitchen, garden, forest, in the fields ...

In the turbulence of the Reformation and the Peasants' War, the nuns were expelled. A fire in 1599 left traces of devastation ...

At the end of the 17th century, the monastery was given over to the Count of Stolberg-Wernigerode by an Electoral Edict. After extensive renovation work, the count established a lady's pen.

A historic garden plan from this period shows the walled historic gardens of the Abbey ladies - the basis of today's gardens.

At the request of the last Abbess Magdalena, the Diakonische Amt der Kirchenprovinz Sachsen took over the Drübeck monastery in 1946 and continued it as a rest home.

Since 1996 the Evangelical Center works in the monastery Drübeck.